Arrangements for Thursday 21 Sept 2017
Re: Funeral Arrangements on Thursday 21st September 2017
It is with deep sadness that I have to inform you of the death of Mr Eddie Crean’s wife who passed away on Monday morning. May she rest in peace. Mr Crean is a current teacher in the school and was a former Deputy Principal. He has taught in the school for over 30 years.
I would like to inform you of the arrangements that are in place for Thursday.
- All students will attend school as normal from 9.00am. to 11.00a.m.
- State Exam students (3rd & 6th Years) will have supervised study classes for the rest of the day. Classes will finish as normal at 3.30pm.
- 5th Year students will represent the school at the funeral. Students are expected to be in full school uniform and jacket.
- 1st, 2nd & 4th Year students are allowed to go home at 11.00am.
- Given the short notice provided to parents, we are accommodating students who may not be able to get home by providing supervised study along with our 3rd and 6th Years until classes finish at 3.30pm.
- Buses will run as normal collecting students at 3.30pm.
On behalf of the staff at Colaiste Abbain I would like to extend my appreciation in advance to parents for the support in enabling staff to attend the funeral to support our friend and colleague.